The Information Technology department is responsible for providing the technology necessary to support our Catholic Learning Community.
We help cultivate positive learning environments through the appropriate and ethical use of technology for our students, teachers and administrators.
Our department supports all schools and our Catholic Education Centre fostering a learning-centered environment that enables students, teachers, and staff to be leaders in education.
We are responsible for providing strategic planning for the technology based services, the preservation and support for all software, hardware and networks across our K-12 school district. This includes supporting all workstation users who are accessing the District's network for student learning software / web based services, student information systems, purchasing, accounting, human resources, payroll, data warehouse and email collaboration software.
We connect schools, classrooms, departments and offices through our high-capacity wide area network.• IT Service Mgt Doc 2014_15
The Manager of Information Technology takes care of the ongoing purchasing services and support for 15 Catholic school sites and the Board Office in our district.
Purchasing Services responsibilities include:
• Acquiring all equipment, supplies, and services, consistent with the quality, quantity, and delivery requirements of the Board
• Obtaining the maximum value for each dollar spent, using open competition and impartial evaluation of alternate products
• Assisting staff by providing product information, locating sources of supply, and explaining procurement options
• Fostering fair, ethical, and legal trade practices that develop a strong vendor community and promote public trust in the Board
• Developing and implementing operational procedures that provide the highest level of service