NCDSB - O'Gorman High School OYAP
- Earn credits towards an OSSD while training as a registered apprentice.
- Learn while building a successful career.
- Apprenticeships are, generally, offered in four sectors: construction, motive power, industrial and service.
- The skilled trades offer career opportunities, job satisfaction and excellent economic rewards to young, motivated, bright students.
- Spend half of the school year in school and the other half at work.
- Once indentured or registered as an apprentice, the hours worked are logged toward the number of hours required for journeyperson status in the chosen trade.
- Earn credits and log apprenticeship hours.
- Continue the apprenticeship after earning the OSSD.
- Students may return for another semester or year if additional credits are needed.
- Enter an apprenticeship at an earlier age - an advantage to both students and employers.
- The combined knowledge and talents of the partners involved in OYAP creates the best possible learning/training situations for candidates in the program.
@ echo date("Y"); ?> Northeastern Catholic District School Board